Do you like singing?
Then please consider joining….
West Buckland Chorus
What is it?
- A choir for adults who have any sort of link to West Buckland School (parent or ex-parent, staff, governor, alumni or friend of a friend of a friend etc.)
Do I need to be good at singing?
- Everyone is welcome, come along and learn to sing with us. Many of the people who come along have not sung for years and feel very unconfident about singing, come along and give it a try. You can always ‘drop out’ if it is not for you.
When and where will the chorus perform?
- In the beautiful Exeter Cathedral on the 23rd June 2018 as part of the West Buckland Choral Concert alongside the 80 strong Senior Choir, our junior choirs (Y7-9) and some of our prep school choir all accompanied by the North Devon Sinfonia (www.northdevonsinfonia.org.uk).
What will we sing?
- Mozart’s sublime ‘Requiem’
What do I have to do if I am interested?
- Check you can make the rehearsals (once a month)
- Email Emma Kent, Director of Music, on [email protected]
- Wednesday 8th November 19:00-21:00 in the Recital Room
- Wednesday 6th December 19:00-21:00 in the Recital Room
- Wednesday 17th January19:00-21:00 in the Recital Room
- Wednesday 7th February 19:00-21:00 in the Recital Room
- Wednesday 14th March 19:00-21:00 in the Recital Room
- Wednesday 25th April 19:00-21:00 in the Recital Room
- Wednesday 23rd May 19:00-21:00 in the Recital Room
- Sunday 17th June 16:00-19:30 in the Memorial Hall (please bring a packed tea)
- Saturday 23rd June t.b.c but expected to be needed 12:00-15:00 @ Exeter Cathedral. Concert @ 19:30.
I do hope that lots of you will feel excited about joining in this ambitious venture and sharing in our musical family here at West Buckland.I look forward to all your emails! (that includes you gents J )
Director of Music
West Buckland School